dBASE PLUS 8 with ADO is a rapid application development environment that includes a modern object oriented programming language (dBL) that runs on 32 and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Windows, including the latest version of Windows 8.
It can be used to build a wide variety of applications including web applications running either IIS or Apache, rich client Windows® applications in either 32 or 64 bit operating systems, middleware applications, as well as server based applications.
The latest dBASE package includes:
- Addition of Windows 8 and Server 2012 platform support to ensure your dBASE applications will continue to run on the latest operating systems
- Expanded connectivity with ADO Support – ADO connectivity and integration through a series of custom Components, Connections, and UDL support
- Enhanced developer features with support for Callbacks and the ability to perform High Precision Math for delivering better applications
- Redesigned SQL Builder do help construct more complex SQL statements using drag and drop interaction
- Several new ActiveX components have been added as well as the ADO connectivity components
- Enhanced Project Navigation, a new Project Explorer and a Revised Help System to help you get things done even faster than before.
dBASE PLUS 8 with ADO comes ready to support your robust database applications that can access most modern database engines. In addition, other databases can be accessed via ODBC and it also supports access to its native .dbf tables (levels 3, 4, 5, and 7) as well as Paradox (.db) tables, FoxPro and Visual FoxPro tables.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.