Q: How to get dQuery or dBASE (or their installers) to run on Windows 2003 server.
A: Log on as system admin and change the Data Execution Prevention on for "All programs and services except those I select" and then add the name of each executable to the list. For example ... plusrun.exe, plus.exe, dQuery.exe., (or for the installers plus-setup.exe or dqsa-setup.exe)
- Right-click on "My Computer" and select the Properties page.
- On the Properties page, select the "Advanced" tab, and click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section.
- On the Performance Options page, select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
- Use the "Add" button on this page to add the affected services to the opt out list.
- Click "OK" on each of the pages when finished and reboot the system.