Monthly archives: March 2013Entries found: 1
dBase, LLC today announced dBASE PLUS 8, the latest version of the legendary dBASE™ database management system. Recognized as the world’s first widely used desktop data management system, dBASE remains one of the most popular software titles. The new dBASE PLUS 8 version offers users a variety of new features to increase user productivity, including Microsoft Windows® 8 compatibility, ADO connectivity and a more modern user interface.
Additional key features of dBASE PLUS 8 include:
- The addition of Windows 8 and Server 2012 platforms to ensure dBASE applications continue running on the latest operating systems
- Expanded connectivity with ADO support which offers integration through a series of custom components, connections and UDL support
- A new user interface design that includes stylish application themes within the tool, along with a series of new Glyfx icons and graphics, backgrounds and textures
- Enhanced developer features with support for callbacks and the ability to perform high precision math
- A redesigned SQL builder to construct more complex SQL statements using drag and drop interaction
- Several new ActiveX components that extend ADO connectivity
- Enhanced project navigation, a new project explorer and a revised help system to increase speed and efficiency
“Since its inception, the dBASE brand has always been about making the task of working with data easier for everyone to understand,” said Mike Rozlog, president, and CEO of dBase, LLC. “Our goal with this release was to further deliver on that premise by listening to our customers’ needs and implementing new functionality that directly addresses their current pain points.”
Created in 1981, dBASE is still used by millions of software developers and others in Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies worldwide. dBase, LLC was created in 2012 by a group of investors, experienced technology leaders and former employees of dataBased Intelligence, Inc. (dBI), a privately-held company that had been the legal heir to the dBASE database management system. As guardian of the dBASE brand, dBase, LLC is committed to revitalizing its flagship product while also delivering a new generation of data solutions to help small- and medium-sized businesses, work teams and individuals transform data into actionable information.
Pricing and Availability
The price for dBASE PLUS 8 is $399 for new users and $299 to upgrade from existing dBASE products. The Personal edition without ADO support is $199. The new version of dBASE continues to support forward compatibility features, including dBASE, Paradox, and other data sources, the advanced runtime features, and the ability to package the product with the updated Project Manager.